journeyPod Destination Review of Ireland and it’s 40 Shades of Green
Sponsored by: Discover Ireland
The third largest island in Europe, Ireland is more than just Guinness, folk dance & friendly people (although there are plenty of them). With new special deals on airfares from across the US to Shannon, Dublin & Belfast – it’s never been easier to get to Ireland –only 6 hours from the East Coast. Put on your walking boots cause we’re about to take you on a journey to see the real Celtic roots of Ireland!
What to do:
1. Visit the monastic site and round tower of Glendalough in Wicklow, also known as the garden of Ireland and located just outside of Dublin
2. Feast your eyes on the landscapes of the West – fly into Shannon, rent a car and don’t forget your camera!
3. Get a taste of Belfast and tune into a buzzing music scene – uncover the culinary explosion in Belfast and tune into the happening music scene! Van Morrison, also known as the Belfast Cowboy, calls the musical city home.
4. Find your inner poet in Dublin – discover the literary hotspots of Dublin, recently named a UNESCO City of Literature.
5. Embark on an exhilarating drive on some of the most scenic routes in the World – Lonely Planet reader’s named the Causeway Coastal Route as ‘One of the Top 10 places to see before your die’.
6. Get your fill of nature, culture and history on daytrips from our cities – take a step back in time at Newgrange, a prehistoric tomb and a UNESCO World Heritage site, or drop into the City of Derry, the only completely walled city in Ireland and one of the finest examples of Walled Cities in Europe.
Using these guidelines from journeyPod’s experience in Ireland will allow your trip to be like, as the famous quote says, “Like the warmth of the sun and the light of the day, may the luck of the Irish shine bright on your way”.